You can reach out to us in any of the following ways:
- Get enrolled with your Gram Panchayat or Gram Rozgar Sewak, who in turn will recommend the nearby Training Centre or its mobilization staff to meet you and offer you counselling and guidance
Deen Dayal Upadhyaya-Grameen Kaushalya Yojana (DDU-GKY) is the demand driven placement linked skill training initiative of the Ministry of Rural Development, Government of India. Working under NRLM, it uses skill training and placement in wage employment as a tool to diversify income and enable sustained upward movement out of poverty.
- Ages between15 to 35
- Training worthruppeSymbol35,000
DDU-GKY and its training partners are the bridge between you and your aspirations. DDU-GKY invests in skill training to ensure that you move from poverty to prosperity. With DDU-GKY, you have the opportunity to change your life,
- Get face to face counselling and guidance
- Find out what you are good at, get selected for a trade based on your aptitude
- Learn new skills and new technology in modern fully-equipped training centres
- Earn a government recognized skills certificate upon successful completion
- Get placement opportunities and interact with potential employers
- Find a job that pays you a minimum salary of Rs. 6,000/- per month (at least 70% of all those who successfully complete training will be placed)
- Get support to shift to a new city and job
- Progress steadily in your career
The Ministry of Rural Development (MoRD) announced the Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Grameen Kaushalya Yojana (DDU-GKY) Antyodaya Diwas, on 25th September 2014. DDU-GKY is a part of the National Rural Livelihood Mission (NRLM), tasked with the dual objectives of adding diversity to the incomes of rural poor families and cater to the career aspirations of rural youth.
DDU-GKY is uniquely focused on rural youth between the ages of 15 and 35 years from poor families. As a part of the Skill India campaign, it plays an instrumental role in supporting the social and economic programs of the government like the Make In India, Digital India, Smart Cities and Start-Up India, Stand-Up India campaigns. Over 180 million or 69% of the country’s youth population between the ages of 18 and 34 years, live in its rural areas. Of these, the bottom of the pyramid youth from poor families with no or marginal employment number about 55 million.
The has identified a skills gap of 109.73 million in 24 key sectors by the year 2022. This number cannot be achieved without addressing the BoP 55 million from rural India. Also, a FICCI and Ernst – Young study published in 2013 identified a shortage of over 47 million skilled workers across the globe by 2020. This presents an unprecedented opportunity for India to train its BoP youth population and place them in jobs across the world and realize its demographic dividend.
DDU-GKY takes pride in its partners and their ability to add value. Innovation from partners is encouraged to build scale and capacity… its unique implementation structure involves partners, who are by nature, committed to changing lives and are experts in their areas, they form a part of the Skilling Ecosystem integrated by DDU-GKY. Partners are supported through investment, capacity building, strategies for retention, linkages to international placement and technology support for training purposes. For Admission CLick Here
DDU-GKY is present in 28 States and UTs, across 689 districts, impacting youth from over 7,426 blocks. It currently has over 1,575 projects being implemented by over 717 partners, in more than 502 trades from 50 industry sectors. Over 9.9 Lakh candidates have been trained and over 5.3 Lakh candidates have been placed in jobs as on 1st April, 2020. From 2012, DDU-GKY has so far committed an investment of more than INR 5,600 Crores, impacting rural youth pan-India.
Want to know more about the Implementation structure?. Download a DDU-GKY Brochure