If you are between 15 and 35 years of age, and have the commitment and discipline to work hard and change your life, you are welcome.
Anyone who has completed even a little bit of schooling is welcome. If you are unemployed or work as labour in fields, you are welcome. If you earn a daily wage doing odd jobs, you are welcome. If you belong to a family where at least one person has worked for 15 days in the MGNREGA scheme in the last year, you are welcome. If you belong to a family where one person belongs to a Self-Help Group (SHG), you are welcome. Older than 35 years, there is a relaxation for women, persons with disabilities, victims of human trafficking and other vulnerable groups. If you belong to any of these groups, you are welcome.
You just need to be willing to step forward and work hard every day to change your life. You need to attend classes every day. You need to complete all your tasks & assignments every day.
The programme is especially geared towards diversification of incomes of disadvantaged groups, including the following,
- Persons belonging to particularly vulnerable tribal groups (PVTGs),
- Persons with disabilities (PWDs),
- Transgender and other special groups (rehabilitated bonded labour, victims of trafficking, manual scavengers, trans-genders, HIV positive persons amongst others)
From the national level, we ensure social inclusion through:
- 50 % funds earmarked for SCs and STs,
- 15% for minority groups,
- 3% for Persons with Disabilities
- In each training program, 33% are to be women