Glitter eyeshadow is a type of eyeshadow that contains glitter particles, giving it a shimmery, sparkly effect when applied to the eyelids. It can come in a variety of shades, from subtle gold or silver to bold, bright colors like pink, blue, or green. Glitter eyeshadow is a popular choice for special occasions like parties, proms, or weddings, as it adds a touch of glamour and sparkle to any look.
Types of Glitter Eyeshadow
There are several different types of glitter eyeshadow available, including:
- Loose Glitter: This comes in small jars or pots and is typically applied with a brush or sponge applicator. It can be applied directly to the eyelid or layered over other eyeshadow to create a glittery effect.
- Pressed Glitter: This is similar to traditional pressed eyeshadow but contains glitter particles. It is typically applied with a brush or sponge applicator and can be layered over other eyeshadow or worn alone.
- Cream Glitter: Cream glitter eyeshadow comes in a pot or tube and is typically applied with a finger or brush. It has a creamy texture and is easy to blend, making it a great option for creating a dramatic or bold look.
- Glitter Topper: Glitter toppers are eyeshadows that are specifically designed to be layered over other eyeshadow to add a glittery effect. They come in a variety of shades and can be applied with a brush or sponge applicator.
How to Apply Glitter Eyeshadow
Applying glitter eyeshadow can be a bit trickier than traditional eyeshadow, as the glitter particles can easily fall out or create fallout on the face. Here are some tips for applying glitter eyeshadow:
- Apply Eye Primer: Before applying glitter eyeshadow, it is important to apply a primer to the eyelid. This will help the glitter adhere to the eyelid and prevent fallout.
- Use a Flat Brush: When applying loose glitter or pressed glitter eyeshadow, use a flat brush to apply the product to the eyelid. This will help to pack the glitter onto the lid and prevent fallout.
- Tap off Excess: When using loose glitter, tap off any excess glitter from the brush before applying it to the
Best Way to Apply Glitter Eyeshadow:
Applying glitter eyeshadow can be tricky, but with the right technique and tools, you can achieve a beautiful, sparkling eye look. Here are some tips for applying glitter eyeshadow:
- Start with a clean, primed eyelid: Cleanse your eyelid with a gentle cleanser and apply an eyeshadow primer to help the glitter adhere and stay in place.
- Choose the right glitter eyeshadow: Opt for a loose glitter pigment or a pressed glitter eyeshadow that has a creamy or gel-like texture. Avoid chunky glitter formulas that are difficult to apply and can irritate the eyes.
- Use a flat, dense eyeshadow brush: A flat, dense brush will pick up and pack on the glitter more effectively than a fluffy brush. Dip the brush into the glitter eyeshadow and tap off any excess.
- Apply the glitter to the center of the eyelid: Use a patting motion to apply the glitter to the center of the eyelid, focusing on the area above the iris. Avoid applying glitter too close to the inner or outer corners of the eye, as it can easily fall out or create a messy look.
- Blend the edges: Use a clean, fluffy brush to blend out the edges of the glitter, making sure there are no harsh lines or patches.
- Clean up any fallout: Use a clean, fluffy brush to sweep away any glitter fallout under the eye or on the cheekbones. You can also use a piece of tape to pick up any excess glitter.
- Finish with mascara and eyeliner: Apply mascara and eyeliner to complete the eye look. Avoid using too much eyeliner, as it can compete with the glitter and make the eyes look messy.
Remember to be patient and take your time when applying glitter eyeshadow, as it can be messy and require some trial and error. With practice, you can achieve a beautiful, sparkling eye look that will make your eyes shine.