How many type of bridal makeup ? click here
Airbrush bridal make-up online Admission From – click Here
Airbrush bridal makeup is a newer technique of makeup wherein makeup is applied with special equipment.
That special equipment is an airgun! Yeah! sounds strange right?
The airbrush actually has its chamber filled with the liquid foundation which can just be sprayed by the bridal makeup artist on the face. On applying it mixes well with your skin and just renders that even flawless skin tone that looks absolutely real and enchanting.
Products used in Airbrush bridal makeup
- Makeup sponge
- Airbrush highlighter, bronzer, blush and shimmer for augmenting the airbrush complexion.
- Anti-ageing primer for a youthful looking canvas for aged skin.
Products in airbrush bridal makeup basically have silicon in it which pore deep down the filling line to a great extent. Products are basically hypo-allergic in nature and thus are suitable for all skin types .What is Airbrush bridal makeup?
Equipment used in airbrush bridal makeup
There are two types of Airbrush Nozzles:
Single action: This acts as a simple can of hairspray.
Simple pressing the nozzle down releases a steady stream of pigment.
Dual action: As the name suggests this is used for dual effect.
The bridal makeup artist pulls down it for air and pulls back it for makeup. If you are looking for a truly even makeup then the double nozzle is idle for you
Airbrush compressor is used for maintaining the perfect pressure. Airbrush compressor helps to maintain an even and controllable airflow.
The airbrush makeup basically comes in three different formulas
- alcohol-based- alcohol based foundations in airbrush makeups are used mostly while creating fake tattoos
- water-based- this includes fine pigments dissipated in water
- silicon-based- for long-lasting wear and without fading.
Airbrush foundation should feel very light on applying. If it feels heavy then maybe the application is done with a heavy hand. A professional makeup artist should be generally preferred What is Airbrush bridal makeup?
Longevity of Airbrush bridal makeup
The main benefit of airbrush bridal makeup is basically its durability. It can really last longer than any other type of makeup. Most of the makeup techniques use water or alcohol-based formulas that don’t last long but airbrush bridal makeup uses Temptu- the only silicon-based formula which helps it to retain itself perfectly on the skin even after being exposed to moisture such as snow, rain, tears etc.
Effects of Airbrush Makeup
These are some effects of airbrush bridal makeup
- Even coverage and lighter look: The bridal makeup artists of the airbrush bridal makeup make sure in this case that the makeup blends perfectly well with the skin so that the face doesn’t look fake in the pictures of the camera afterwards. In airbrush bridal makeup the spray is spread slowly on the entire face to ensure that there is an even distribution.
- This gives a lighter look to the face than the traditional makeup which on the other hand looks very heavy on the bride and is difficult to carry sometimes even.
- Takes less time: Airbrush bridal makeup in contrast to different other types of makeup like traditional bridal makeup takes less time.
- So, if you are a bride who wants to get a perfect look for your wedding and that too very soon so that you can utilize that time enjoying with friends and family then you can go for airbrush bridal makeup.
- Picture-perfect skin: Traditional makeup sometimes may look really heavy on certain brides. But airbrush bridal makeup can give you the perfect camera look. Sometimes people complain about the experience of a heavy look with airbrush bridal makeup too but in that case, it can be the fault of a heavy foundation used. Thus it is always recommended to go for a professional bridal makeup artist.
- Boon for the brides with oily skin: Has your oily skin troubled you throughout your life? Do those nasty pimples make things uneasy for you and now you are worried about the consequences of the bridal makeup on your skin? If yes, then airbrush bridal makeup is just best for you. It has mattifying agents within its products which will take care of your skin
- More water resistant: Airbrush bridal makeup is more water resistant than any other kind of makeup. Thus you need not to worry about getting emotional and shedding your tears. This makeup understand your emotions and is ready to save you out of that situation!
- Can stay for a long duration: Since most of the products of the airbrush bridal makeup are silicon-based this makeup can stay for a longer period of time.
What is HD makeup?
Gone are the days when the poor camera
quality used to act as a boon for you by hiding
all the cracks and dark circles on your faces.
With this HD era, High definition cameras employed on the wedding makes your
lines and flaws even more exposed to the cameras
. As the saying goes- Necessity is the mother of
invention.Bridal makeup artists came about perfect
solution to battle with this problem so that you can
look great even in your photographs by the HD
camera and that is what we call ad HD Bridal
makeup. HD bridal makeup has quartz, silicon,
mica or crystals in it which diffuses the light and
creates an illusion of an even skin.
Products used in HD makeup
- Under Base
Silicon and Hypo-allergic levels in these products can
vary but are less in comparison to airbrush bridal makeup.
Products in HD makeup are of less importance than the technique of application.
Equipment used in HD makeup
The different equipment used in Makeup is Brushes, applicators and containers.
The prime advantage of the HD bridal makeup is that it is devoid of any need of special
equipment and thus it becomes easy to apply it on your own also without the need of any professional.
Longevity of HD makeup
Longevity depends much on skin types and location, still, HD bridal makeup
doesn’t stay as long as Airbrush makeup does.
Effects of HD bridal makeup
- HD bridal makeup is sheer: Yes! You can hide your flaws and uneven
- texture without leaving your natural beauty.
- Mattifying agents which prevent unwanted shine: Some products of the HD
- makeup contains mattifying agents which prevent unwanted shine for the oily skins.
- The makeup on such skins never comes off because of the oil in the skin.
- You don’t even need special equipment for it: Many times there is no need for any special
- equipment at all. You can do a simple touch-up yourself.
- Well-nourished look: Moisturizer based products used settle in the cracks and creases of
- the dry skin and renders it a plump and fresh, glowing natural look.
- Leaves minimal residues: It leaves minimal residues on the skin and covers almost all the marks and face-flaws.
How is Airbrush Makeup different from HD makeup?
Application technique of both the Airbrush bridal makeup and HD bridal makeup differ.
Airbrush makeup requires an applicator brush to apply a coat over coat of light makeup.
Whereas HD makeup is a powder technique. Airbrush makeup applies a free hand technique
manipulating distance and pressure to give certain effects and coverage.If applied from a very
close distance it can have a very deep effect which can vary from the natural skin tone and can
make the overall look feel heavy.HD bridal makeup is purely a technique rather than the product.
More than the ingredients, mastering of the technique is important. Many brands may lure you
by just adding the word ‘HD’ ahead of their products and boast that they would be providing
‘camera look’ but that is not so true.There are a plethora of products that would do even bette
r without the HD label along with them. Once learning the technique can enable you to apply i
t on your own as HD makeup doesn’t require equipment like airgun etc. as airbrush bridal makeup do.
Airbrush bridal makeup lasts longer than the HD bridal makeup.
This is perfect for a bride who has to sit night long for pheras.
Airbrush makeup products are also water resistant than any other form of
makeup. Hd makeup is basically preferred for indoor wedding whereas Airbrush makeup
is preferred for beach and outdoor weddings.The longevity also depends on skin types.
For instance, heavy makeup on dry skin can make the face look cakey while an airbrush
makeup for oily skin on a hot day can reflect light in the photo
Cost or Price
Price plays a crucial role while deciding between the two
types of makeup. The prices of these two different styles
also depend much on the bride’s requirement and the bridal
makeup artist’s expertise. The prices of both the airbrush
makeup and HD makeup is the same when you get it done
by the professionals, but if you go to a bridal makeup saloon
then the costs may vary. Still, HD bridal makeup is seldom
cheaper than Airbrush bridal makeup. Yet it is recommended
to visit some bridal makeup salons prior to your wedding and
choose the best according to your budget and preferences.
Airbrush makeup look gives you that perfect natural look as it blends perfectly with the skin.
Since the foundation is so lightly applied that it does not look like a cake on your face. But if you want
a full coverage look on this big day then you should go for
HD makeup because the products applied here are of higher consistency.
While airbrush keeps it relatively moist, HD tends to have a mattifying effect
Airbrush bridal makeup acts as a boon for oily skin.
HD bridal makeup though can be applied for all the skin still for oily skin specifically,
Airbrush bridal makeup should be given preference if skin type is the basis of evaluation.
Which one to use?
Having known enough about both the bridal makeup styles, now the time has
come for the final verdict. Let’s evaluate both the makeup techniques quickly and find out who wins the race!
- While both the HD makeup and Airbrush makeup help to reduce the flaws still HD
- bridal makeup is ahead with removing even the finest of spots and provide you with
- the finest look which is not possible with the airbrush makeup.
- HD bridal makeup blends perfectly with all skin types whereas airbrush makeup looks
- flaky on brides with dry skin.
- HD bridal makeup is comparatively cheaper than airbrush makeup
- HD bridal makeup requires less equipment than Airbrush makeup.
- Airbrush bridal makeup is best for oily skin and HD makeup loses a point over here.
- HD bridal makeup brings out features in your face whereas airbrush makeup can make your face look flat.
- Airbrush bridal makeup lasts longer than HD makeup and is water resistant
- HD bridal makeup gives you the translucent effect without letting your cracks
- and crease to appear whereas airbrush, on the other hand, can do just the
- opposite if not applied perfectly.
- So, if you are expecting a stellar bridal look, maybe it’s time to go HIGH DEFINITION!!
Airbrush or HD makeup: which one to choose for your big day
Luminous Braidal Makeup
One makeup trend that has been taking the beauty world by storm is a matte makeup design.
This makeup look is easy to achieve with the right matte foundation, lipstick and eyeshadow and
it is a great option if you have oily skin or large pores. A matte finish look is great for brides because it
is long-lasting as it contains no slippery elements such as oil. This also makes the makeup look great for
pictures as it will never look greasy or shiny.
If you are going for a full, glam look, matte makeup design is the way to go. It gives your face a full finish and
makes the colour on your skin look more intense
A matte wedding makeup gives a toned-down appearance to brides.
This makeup retains the natural texture yet illuminates the skin under
broad halogen lights. For this, a bridal makeup artist needs to combine
glossy primer with matte foundation smartly. Alongside, application of
matte lipstick and highlighting the inner corner of the eyes along with brow and cheekbones enhance the look of the bride
4. Mineral Bridal Makeup
What Is Mineral Makeup?
Let’s talk about the latest makeup in the market that can enhance your look
on the big day. Mineral makeup, like the name suggests, is a makeup technique
where products made out of organic minerals are used to add layers to a bride’s
beauty. It’s the most natural looking makeup and is less harmful in comparison with other forms of bridal makeup.
Mineral makeup products don’t contain as many preservatives and
chemicals like other products. If your skin is sensitive and you’re worried
about the breakouts heavy makeup will cause on your face, go for mineral
makeup on for your wedding day. It’s best used to create a base for other topical makeup.
How Is Mineral Makeup Different From Conventional Makeup?
All bridal makeup products, whether they are conventional makeup products or
not, contains minerals. The only difference though is between a few specific
ingredients that set mineral makeup apart. Specifically, these products don’t include
harsh substances like dyes, parabens, talc, preservatives and oils, which often
adversely affect your skin.Whereas, mineral makeup products protect your skin from getting damaged.
Conventional makeup has been in the market since ages and it’s available in different
brands with different prices. Though, mineral makeup is relatively new and is more on the high end.
Let’s consider a brand like L’Oreal or even MAC, the mineral products of these brands are higher in costs
in terms of their other regular makeup products. Mineral makeup is expensive because it formulated from
expensive raw ingredients.Getting makeup that is actually designed to protect your skin is
bound to cost a little more than its counterparts
3. Overall Look
Conventional makeup products are basic. Though, these days there are specialised products
with techniques like HD and airbrush makeup that are used by makeup artists for creating bridal looks.
HD makeup involves high definition powder-based products and gives you a well-defined look. Airbrush
products use liquid-based products applied through an air gun that gives you even-toned, picture-perfect look.
Mineral makeup, on the other hand, is used to create a dewy and natural look.
Mineral Makeup Benefits
1. Sensitive skin – Mineral makeup is best suited for sensitive skin. If you have acne
on your face or any other kind of eruptions, it’s your best bet. It would ensure that you don’t have any breakouts after your big day.
2. Long-lasting – The ingredients of mineral makeup don’t expire as soon as they do for
conventional makeup. Since it is basically just compressed minerals and does not contain
any additions of wax or oil.
3. Protective shield – Mineral makeup works as a protective layer for your skin from the outside
substance that your skin might get exposed to. Minerals are beneficial for the skin
and mineral makeup combines health benefits with beauty benefits
4. No synthetics – Mineral makeup doesn’t contain any synthetics and is less likely to
irritate your skin. So you rest assured that your natural glow won’t fade away after
regular application during the wedding celebration period.
5. No clogged pores – Mineral makeup is placed on your pores and not inside them,
hence it doesn’t clog your skin and let it breathe.
6. Natural coverage – The coverage you get from mineral makeup is natural, and it looks healthy as well as sheer.
7. Water resistant – Mineral makeup products are water resistant and don’t melt off quickly.
8. Sun protection – Mineral makeup protects your skin from sun rays as they usually have an
SPF. Minerals that added to sunscreens to make those products protect you from the
sun rays are present in mineral makeup as well. Thus you don’t have to worry about applying an extra layer of sunblock
Mineral Makeup For Brides
With HD and airbrush techniques taking over the beauty market, it’s tough
to make a decision if you should opt for mineral makeup or not. Well, we are here to
help you with that confusion. You can use a mix of HD and mineral makeup or just mineral
makeup for your bridal look. However, airbrush and mineral makeup don’t go along. Here
are a few reasons you can give mineral makeup a try:
1. Less is more
Mineral makeup products are extremely light on your skin. Doesn’t matter if you want an
elaborate makeup or a basic makeup, if you choose mineral makeup products as your base, you
can practically apply anything on top of it. Mineral makeup works like a cream and hence, all the
products you apply on top of it won’t clog your skin pores. Liquid makeup and
compressed makeup products contain added preservatives and binders that cause side-effects to your skin.
Mineral makeup is dry and, literally, is just tightly pressed beneficial minerals.
2. Healthy & seamless
It is, by far, the healthiest makeup option for your skin. It lets you pores stay naturally
open and you don’t feel heavy. Mineral makeup is as seamless as makeup can get. Minerals
used in mineral makeup have beneficial effects on the skin. If you have breakouts, you can use mineral
makeup and if you are worried you’ll get breakouts after an evening with heavy makeup, to your good luck,
that won’t happen either. It’ll keep your skin happy and healthy. It is gentler on the skin in the opinion of most dermatologists.
3. Looks amazing in photographs
Mineral makeup looks as good as HD makeup, which means that your pictures will look stunning.
If you’re tensed about your makeup melting off or looking cakey, mineral makeup is your best bet.
It’s water resistant and doesn’t come off easily. Rest assured, your pictures will look great.
It will give you the satisfaction of your regular makeup after setting spray by staying in place without the setting spray.
Get, Set, Buy – Securing The Right Mineral Makeup
Loved the mineral makeup experience during your bridal makeup session? Then,
take it a step ahead and consider buying your own makeup products for your bridal
makeup kit. Here are a few things you need to keep in mind before you say ‘I buy’ to these products –
1. A water-based makeup palette
Contrary to conventional makeup palettes, mineral makeup is not at all acrylic or oil-based.
That extends to all of the items up for consideration – from foundations to browliners, eye shadows to primers and blushes.
2. Get derma approval
Though this set of makeup is as organic as possible, it would still be prudent to get a
consultation from a dermatologist before you choose to stick with a mineral regime.
These products often make them cut as they are free from mic, talc and biron, but it never hurts to be sure.
3. Get a setting powder
These pigmented products are powder-based in nature and need to be set firmly into place,
unless you want things to go south and smudge or (God forbid) seem out of place. Get one
that works specifically for mineral makeup (though try an American import that’s FDA approved to be absolutely sure).
5. Smokey Eyes Bridal Makeup
Your eyes are an impression of your soul and with regards to your Bridal eye makeup,
there is positively nothing that can outperform the appeal of a stylish smokey eye.
Smokey eye makeup has been a trend for a significant long time, yet ladies just appear to be
going crazier with regards to it. Attributable to how overwhelmingly striking and beautiful they make
one look, smokey eyes have turned into a go-to alternative for a lot of ladies. Be it mehndi, mixed drink,
sangeet, or wedding, we’ve seen ladies vouching for livid smokey eyes in dark, gold, matte, and sparkle for practicall
y the entirety of their wedding parties. Also, why not! It is one lit makeup pattern
that works out positively for pretty much every sort of clothing. Indeed,
when went with crimson lips or cutesy pink nudes, the super stylish smokey
eye makeup upgrades your bridal wonders by multi-times, making you a
definitive star of the evening. It is, accordingly, significant for
you to give all the consideration to this livid makeup style
and consolidate it somewhere around one of your glitz wedding makeup looks
With a smokey eye makeup look, you make certain to stun like a diva.
Smokey eye makeup look isn’t just tasteful, however with a splash of blend
and test with colors, you can turn out to be each bit the pioneer lady of the
hour you try to be. Smokey eyes add a moment portion of style however can make you look madly ravishing.
For a lady, her makeup and outfit are prime as she needs to put her best self forward.
Presently in the midst of COVID-19, with a cover on, eye makeup turns into the most
significant as that is everything that could possibly be seen. Get a redone veil made
that coordinates with your wedding competence outfits and take thoughts utilizing these eye makeup guides.
- Light Golden
Assuming you need an eye makeup look that is unbiased and not shading coded then
taking the brilliant course is the best thought. In the first place, apply silver-white
eyeshadow in the internal corner of your eyes and top it with a brilliant shade that is
light and not extremely shaking. Give your eyes a 3 measurement look by applying
some dull brown and dark on the external wrinkle and corners of your eyes, giving it
some profundity. Assuming you approve of eyelashes, pick something that suits
you yet recollect that they can be exceptionally weighty and you need to
suffer it for a long time. Decide on lighter lashes or essentially go for 2-3 layers of mascara
- Champagne Pink
This look requires a couple of layers to give it that completely flawless completion. In the first place, work on your eyebrows and afterward start with a warm shade of pink all around the eyelids. Then, at that point take a profound blushing champagne eyeshadow to conceal on your brush and apply it to the inward and external sides of the covers. Then, apply a more splendid pink in the center to give it that 3-D look and finish it off with some sparkle. Apply a slender or thick layer of eyeliner, contingent on your preferring, and statement your lashes with mascara.
- Dusty-Golden Eye Makeup
Somewhat like the light brilliant makeup, this eye makeup
look has a more unsophisticated antique brilliant touch to it that works out in a good way for light-tinted bridal outfits.
- Blue Eye Makeup
In case you are choosing a bridal outfit that is whimsical and has conceals that are totally different from non-exclusive bridal outfit shades of red, pink, orange, peach, and brilliant then don’t keep down with the makeup all things considered. In the event that your lehenga or saree is blue, give your tops the blue tone. Add some depth to the cover with a more profound blue and dark shade and apply heaps of mascara or essentially settle on counterfeit eyelashes.
- Bengali Bride Eye Makeup
Bengali ladies more often than not either choose a light brilliant eye makeup look
or exemplary smokey eyes that look stunning with their red clothing types. Known
for their large eyes, smokey eyes with traces of profound purple and fuchsia tones
look staggering on Bengali ladies. So this is one look you can settle on if your bridal outfit is vermillion shaded.
- Profound Rosey Smokey Eyes
This makeup look is my top pick as it is smokey enough to look
hot yet has a fuchsia purple, a rosy tone that separates it. Wear
a wine-toned bridal outfit and request that your makeup craftsman gives this eye makeup a shot to you.
7. Green Smokey Eye Wedding Makeup Look
Green is the color of prosperity and luxury itself is. So inspiring, opulent and beautiful,
green is perhaps the most demanded color in the fashion and beauty industry, which we
can never have enough of. And when it appears in makeup, emerald green makes any bride
look dramatic, sensual and romantic, enhancing her feelings of harmony and balance with her
natural beauty. When accompanied by gold or brown, emerald green eye shadow is unbeatable.
Use a classic earthy green or a dark green and mix it with a hint of dark brown to make
every glance you give, hypnotic.
8. Cut Crease Smokey Eye Wedding Makeup
Use two shades at the crease. Just go around the edges where you applied the crease
line and then move ahead to blend back and forth to make it the lines less harsh. Use a
concealer to create a cut crease effect on the upper eyelids. This look is sure to add
drama to your wedding makeup. Attach lashes for the perfect finishing touch.
9.Daunting and Bright Neon Hues
You can’t go wrong with the maximalist touch of distinct neon shades.
The colourful lovely yellow, red hues and sea green blue will leave you amazed.
7. Natural Bridal Makeup
There are times when we feel like going for absolute subtle makeup
. A simple and minimalist eye glitter with bold red lips feels like a dream.
Expert makeup artistry can provide you with the best of their makeup ideas and
concepts. They will help in accentuating your natural features and provide you with
extra glam and beauty. A highlighter is a beauty lover’s weakness. You do not want to
step outside your place without a dab of your favorite highlighter. She knows how to
listen to your needs and give you your desired results effortlessly, be it your favorite lip color or your most favorite highlighter.
8. Nude Bridal Makeup
Nude makeup is the new trend which is making waves and is definitely
here to stay. Nude makeup basically means simplifying your makeup color palette,
using neutral colors that match your skin perfectly and covering imperfections without going overboard.
Nude makeup will make sure that your bridal attire and jewelry gets the attention it
deserves, all the while making sure you look radiant and glamorous. Miheeka Bajaj,
Neha Dhupia and Anushka Sharma looked absolutely gorgeous on their respective
wedding days and each of these beautiful ladies had opted for the nude makeup look.
Nude makeup is totally perfect, if you are looking for a minimal bridal look and we
bet you will be looking ravishing as ever. Well, simple bridal makeup trends are even more eye-catchy.
Take Cues From These Real Brides Rocked The Nude Makeup Look And Made A Statement:
1. Brides Slaying Their Nude Minimal Looks And How
We cannot seem to take our eyes off this bride’s gorgeous bridal makeup for her D-day.
Yes, she does look mesmerising as ever and her bridal look absolutely bowled us over. Don’t you think so too?
2. Nude And Classy Eye Makeup You Must Steal From These Real Brides
We are surely head over heels in love with her eye makeup to her very simple and awe-inspiring look..
Another one that just caught our attention and we are so loving how she had a soft dewy makeup with smokey eyes and that kajal surely was the real show-stealer.
Did you notice her eye makeup? Simple and stunning!
The subtle and dusty gold eye makeup of this bride complemented her nude look! We are just gushing over her.
It’s true that some brides just take our heart away and she is surely one of them. We are all eyes for this super adorable bridal eye makeup.
3. Nude Lip Shades For Your One In A Million Bridal Look
That appealing and the very gorgeous nude lip shade made her one charming bride. And yes her bridal earrings surely have all our attention.
Slay your bridal look with this extremely gorgeous bridal lip shade.
4. Brides Who Opted For A Nude Base On Their Big Day And Looked Ravishing
Isn’t she looking straight out of a fairy tale? From her bridal dress to her exclusive makeup, everything is just on point.
Well, have you ever seen perfection? This bride symbolizes it and this bridal makeup surely looks absolutely perfect.
We are drooling over the touch of soft glam with striking bridal jewelry and the mesmerizing look of this bride.
Well, her soft and dewy pink makeup has our heart.
Ace your minimal wedding makeup just like she did and we bet you will be the cynosure of all eyes.
Aren’t these minimal and subtle bridal makeup looks all gorgeous and stunning? Well, opt for one which best suits your personality and that will make heads with your beautiful look. These brides are a major source of inspiration for all brides-to-be and we have already saved our favorite looks from the lot.
11. Traditional Bridal Makeup
All the different types of traditional Indian bridal makeup
The Muslim Bridal Makeup
The Christian Bridal Makeup
The South Indian Bridal Makeup
The Sindhi Bridal Makeup
The Bengali Bridal Makeup
The North Indian Bridal Makeup
The Kashmiri Bridal Makeup
The Telugu Pelli Kuthuru Bridal Makeup
The Kerala Bridal Bridal Makeup
The Punjabi Kudi Bridal Makeup
The Maharashtrian Nauvari Saree Bridal Makeup
1. Indian Hindu Bridal Makeup:
According to the Hindu mythology marriages are decided in heaven and once married, the bond is going to last for seven lives. So, to celebrate this bond of love, let us see how a Hindu bride gets ready for the same.
South Indian Hindu Bridal Makeup:
Here are the 4 south Indian states bridal makeups are there. These South Indian Hindu ( Telugu, Karnataka, Tamil, Kerala) bridal makeup styles are mostly like similar.
1. Kerala Bridal Makeup:
Kerala brides wear Kasavu saris of white and gold with a lot of gold jewelry. Elegance and grace are defined by a Malayali bride clad in a pristine sari, flowers and temple jewelry. Brides from Kerala don a distinct South Indian bridal makeup that looks natural and flawless. Kerala Hindu bridal makeup is very subtle. Brides adorn their forehead with a gorgeous red bindi as no Kerala bridal makeup is complete without a red bindi.
- Lips: Kerala bridal makeup involves the use of the subtle shade of peach or shades of peach, and try a mixture of pink or red colour shades.
- Eyes: Smokey Kohl or Kajal use to the highlight and decorate the eyes. And at least two to three coats of mascara to give it that special smoulder.
- Jewelry: Poothali, Elakkathali, Thalikoottam, Kuzhiminni, Manonmani, and Dhalamin are some of the traditional long chains.
- Hairstyle: Kerala Hindu bridal makeup includes long hair braids decorated with beautiful white flowers or other floral accompaniments.
- Mehendi: For Kerala weddings, both traditional and contemporary designs are equally popular. Crystal mehndi and tattoo mehndi are also gaining momentum among Kerala’s brides.
2. Telugu Bridal Makeup:
The culture of Telugu involves much simplicity. As for Telugu bridal makeup, the jewelry, hairdo, and costume are very rich and elegant, so the facial makeup has to be very light to avoid a very flashy look. Kanjeevarams are the best silk saris for a Telugu wedding, and it will give you a perfect look by adding temple jewelry with gold bajuband.
- Lips: It is not preferable to use very dark shades as they do not go with traditional Indian bridal makeup.
- Eyes: Using eyeliner to highlight and decorate the eyes. Mascara uses on top and bottom lashes of the eye and finishing the eye makeup with Kajal.
- Jewelry: The jewelry is a simple design, and their culture has a preference for uncut diamonds.
- Hairstyle: The bride’s adornment begins from her head where her hair divides from the centre, and a beautiful Papidi Billa has placed along with that partition in such a way that the accessory’s circular bell lies just above her forehead.
- Mehndi: Different designs adorn the Telugu Bridal Mehndi.
3. Tamil Bridal Makeup:
The Tamil community, as we all know, believes in simple living and that is well reflected in the rituals of marriage they follow. Hence, the Tamil bride and groom opt for a simple look. The Tamil bride usually wears a zari border bright-coloured sari. They choose bright and vibrant colours such as red, green, yellow, etc. The eyes are highlighted the most, keeping the rest simple. Jewellery is heavy gold.
- Lips: Tamil brides mostly prefer red or coral shades.
- Eyes: In this Indian bridal, choose eye makeup colours are a shimmering golden or shimmering eye shadow of copper. For areas near eyebrows, a paler colour looks well.
- Jewellery: The brides are usually laden with pearl, gold jewellery, and waist lock, an ornament worn around the waist. It is the signature mark of all the Tamil brides.
- Hairstyle: In this tradition, the hair decorates with a bunch of jasmine flowers and other accessories.
- Mehndi: Paisley print, floral architecture, peacock, elephant, etc. are various mehendi designs as a part of Tamil bridal makeup.
4. Karnataka Bridal Makeup:
Wedding in the State of Karnataka is mostly a simple affair, and There is less show of pomp and glamour and more focus on the traditional rituals. When it comes to weddings, the Kannadians prefer to stick to the age-old rituals as well as traditional attires. The wedding attire of a Kannadian bride is highly ornamental, which is paired with the traditional 9-yard saree called the Navvari.
- Lips: In the Karnataka bridal makeup, red and similar colour lip shades are mostly using.
- Eyes: In this Tradition eyes of the bride are bright looks. You can use eyeliner and dark shade of eye shadow.
- Jewellery: The bride wears a lot of gold jewellery such as Maangtika, several gold necklaces, Kamarbandh around the waist, jhumkas in the ears and also green glass bangles in her hands similar to that of a Maharashtrian bride.
- Hairstyle: Traditionally a Kannadian bride does her hair in high bun or plait style and decorates it with a lot of flowers.
- Mehendi: Mehendi / henna has become an integral part of the makeup of a bride over the years irrespective of the region or religion she belongs to. And so even a Kannada bride applied henna on her hands and feet before the wedding.
North Indian Hindu Bridal Makeup:
Here is the North Indian Hindu bridal makeups are there. These are the different styles and culture for a separate state.
1. Odisha Bridal Makeup:
Traditionally, the bride is adorned in a yellow sari known as BoulaPatta with a red border. Modern Oriya brides, however, prefer to wear elaborate saris such as Benarasi or kanjeevaram or even local red Ikkat silk saris or similar colours with ornate zari or sequin work. She pairs the sari with a gorgeous brocade blouse. The dupatta or the Uttariyo is another necessary part of the wedding attire of the Oriya bride. The bride wears a matching headwear like the groom.
- Lips: In the Odisha bridal makeup, mostly pink or red colours lip shades are using.
- Eyes: In this tradition, eyes are bright looks, you can use eyeliner, glittery or dark shade eye shadow.
- Jewellery: Bride usually wears beautiful jewellery, preferably made of gold, including necklace, earrings, bangles, and rings.
- Hairstyle: Various kinds of hairstyles are long braids, Fancy braid propelled sock bun, Messy low bun, jewelled hairdo, etc.
- Mehendi: Mehendi / henna has become an integral part of the makeup of a bride over the years. Traditionally, Alta uses to colouring the hands and feet of an Odisha bride.
2. Gujarati Bridal Makeup:
Weddings in Gujarat are enjoyable, fun things. Gujarati people enjoy the wedding in a very traditional manner, with traditional wedding attire and rituals symbolizing the culture of Gujarati. A bride from Gujarat would wear a red and white sari called the Panetar. Makeup for Gujarati brides is generally kept simple, with emphasis on enhancing their features and brightening up the face. Bindis framing the eyebrows will help to make the look of the bride extra special.
- Lips: A deep colour shade enhances the lips.
- Eyes: Dark colour eyeliner, false lashes, Kohl and lots of shimmer on the eyelids use to finish the eyes, which will give a striking look.
- Jewellery: Traditionally, the Gujarati bride wears a lot of Kundan jewellery, maangtika, bracelet, ethnic earrings, necklaces, and bangles.
- Hairstyle: Usually the hair is swept up in a classic bun, and elegant hair accessories complete the look.
- Mehendi: Mehendi designs such as floral and peacock designs, simple motifs, symmetric design, bangle style mehndi or bracelet mehndi constitute the Gujarati bridal look.
3. Rajasthani Bridal Makeup:
There’s something real about a Rajasthani woman’s bridal attire. Usually, the Lehenga or ghagra is made of silk and embossed with embroidery. The Odhni or Veil is a significant part of the tradition of Rajasthani and is used to cover the bride’s head. A Rajasthan bride would probably wear the Borla (ball-shaped hair parting ornament) with a more colourful lehenga. The bride is seen with the heavy jewellery and Lehenga with light makeup with tied back hair.
- Lips: Pale light lip colours, pink, red colours mostly uses in the Rajasthani Bridal look.
- Eyes: Kohl and mascara use to the dark and highlight the eyes.
- Jewellery: The Rajasthani bride’s important jewellery pieces are the ‘Bor,’ the ‘Timanniya’ and the ‘bajuband.’
- Hairstyle: Top knot bun, classic braid, fishtail braid, puff, side Juda, simple pony are all Rajasthani bridal hairdo.
- Mehendi: Together, the paisleys, floral patterns and fine lines make this design an evergreen and popular bridal choice in this Indian wedding look.
4. Marathi Bridal Makeup:
A Marathi bride is defined by simplicity, elegance and a sparkling smile. The Marathi wedding makeup’s subtleness emphasizes her inner beauty that brightens her simple attire. A traditional Marathi bride adorns a PaithaniSaree (a two-tone silk fabric), hand-woven for a few months by artisans. A Marathi bridal PaithaniSaree is made of pure silk and is usually of a leafy green, golden yellow or aubergine colour with unusual zari borders and traditional motifs of a parrot, peacock or flowers.
- Lips: The go-to choices in Maharashtrian bridal makeup are subtle shades of red and coral.
- Eyes: A full line of dark kohl liner uses along the waterline and lash line, bringing out the eyes’ natural shape.
- Jewellery: Pearl jewellery uses Marathi brides, which is why all the pieces of jewellery wear by the bride are the perfect mixture of gold and pearls.
- Hairstyle: Marathi bridal hairstyles are making out by the accessories with which they decorate – Bridal bun with mundavalya is one such type.
- Mehendi: Patolazari work Marathi mehndi design, peacock-inspired Marathi Mehandi designs, motif Marathi mehendi designs are latest Marathi bridal mehendi types.
5. Punjabi Bridal Makeup:
While red is the traditional wedding colour for all Indian brides, it is known that Punjabi brides also choose other colours such as green, gold, fuchsia and orange. The bride wears a lehenga with a matching dupatta with which she covers her head. Brides wear a lot of jewellery, some of the gold, while some may be modern jewellery. The bride’s sister-in-law ties a Kalire set to her wrists. These are dome-shaped gold or silver ornaments with multiple danglers attached to them.
- Lips: Punjabi bridal makeup has vibrant bright lip colours such as red, pink, brown, etc. that matches the overall wedding attire.
- Eyes: Punjabi bridal makeup look incorporates smokey eyes, add glitters and glam, eye extensions, long-winged eyeliner for enhancing the beauty.
- Jewellery: Bridal Kalire, Mangtika, bangles, Nath, Chooda (a traditional coloured red and ivory bangle set in multiples of four), Kamarbandh and Paijaniya are some of the necessary components.
- Hairstyle: Punjabi hairstyle has come up with many variations, such as worn up, down, or formal.
- Mehendi: The bridal designs of Punjabi Mehndi have rich floral motif work and beautiful ornamental designs that make them unique in their own way.
6. Bengali Bridal Makeup
If you were a Bengali bride, you would be draped in the traditional Atpoure style in a red Benarasi silk sari with zari work all over. A Bengali bride makeup look features a bold red lip, blush, and sharp-winged eyeliner to highlight the bronze-hued eye shadow, definite, well-defined eyebrows, and dense, luscious eyelashes to accentuate those famous Bengali almond-shaped eyes. The traditional makeup compliments beautifully with traditional Bengali bridal decorations such as the Chandanbindi designs of white shola material – worn for prosperity and good luck.
- Lips: Bengali bridal look has a quintessential from celebrity brides to real brides adding the bright red colour pop on lips.
- Eyes: The Bengali wedding makeup features large and bold eyes with shimmering eye shadows and large kohl-lined eyes.
- Jewellery: Bengali brides usually wear all-gold jewellery, while a matha Patti, a small crown of gold, two necklaces, white and red bangles.
- Hairstyle: Stylish low Juda or bun, tied up hairdo, open hairstyle is different hairstyles. Flowers, bun chains, Matha Patti, and hair clips are using for hair accessories.
- Mehendi: Bengali mehndi or red Alta uses by Indian women to decorate their hands and feet.
2.Indian Muslim Bridal Makeup
Islam is one of the prominent religions in the world and has more than 1.6 billion followers. Wedding being mentioned as a mandate in the Holy Quran is an integral part of the Islamic culture. Let us see how a Muslim bride decks up for her D-Day.
South Indian Muslim Bridal Makeup:
On the main wedding day or the Nikah ceremony day, the bride wears a heavily pleated lehenga in a bright colour, traditionally in red shades, with a long golden embroidered blouse. The dupatta is draped over her head and styled around her shoulders and waist to keep up with the age-old traditional sentiments while showing the exquisite gold embroidery of the bride’s clothing and jewellery. The maangtika is placed under the hijab.
- Lips: In this tradition, using Lip makeup only the subtle shades, which match the bride’s attire.
- Eyes: Kohl is to enhance the look, along with glittery eye shadow.
- Jewellery: The South Indian Muslim bride wears neckpieces, studded earrings, head jewellery, bangles, and waist belt. Kerala Muslim brides mostly these 3 necklaces are wear – Padi Mala, Aalochana Mala, and Chakrakanni Mala.
- Hairstyle: Wavy open hair and buns with accessories are among the fashionable hairstyles of South Indian Muslim Brides.
- Mehendi: In the Muslim wedding makeup look, intricate designs of mehndi creates on the bride’s palm, hands, and legs.
North Indian Muslim Bridal Makeup:
The Muslim bridal makeup has also evolved, like the attire, and has come a long way from traditional techniques of makeup. The bride in Kashmir looks like an angel in the Lehenga. Instead of conventional golden eyes and red lips, Muslim brides are also seen opting for more glamorous makeup. The focus is on intense smokey eyes and colours of soft lips ranging from pinks, corals, and peaches.
- Lip: In this tradition, using lip makeup shades are red, pink, brown, which match the bride’s attire.
- Eyes: The eyes are smokey and dark. You can also use crisp, exaggerated graphic eyeliner to complete the look. A couple of thick mascara coats and false lashes match this look.
- Jewellery: Earrings called Kundals, anklets are known as Nupura, and the moon like a head ornament, of which variations you can see in almost every Indian wedding, called Dekdaman, are all essential parts of bridal jewellery.
- Hairstyle: Buns and braids decorated with shimmery accessories are in trend.
- Mehndi: Floral, intricate, leafy, motif, geometric are the different kinds of mehndi designs.
3. Indian Christian Bridal Makeup:
Our idea of a typical Christian wedding revolves around the frothy white dress, subtle and elegant makeup and tons of flowers. Although the basic rituals remain the same in a traditional Christian wedding, there is a host of difference when it comes to making up of a North Indian Christian Bride and a South Indian Christian Bride.
North Indian Christian Bridal Makeup:
In this particular type of Indian wedding, bridal makeup look is amazing White wedding gowns at church weddings in North India and Meghalaya. The North Indian Christian Bridal Makeup is not a loud one; especially the effects with the base are subtle and natural as possible.
- Lips: For the lips, bright pink shade can use if the bride has thin lips. If the bride has thick lips, use matt pink in the middle with a touch of white shimmer.
- Eyes: A mixture of light brown and black kohl pencils on the upper and lower lash line rim with an angular brush should be used to smudge them for a sultry effect to come through.
- Jewellery: With this look, fragrant fresh flowers and pearl jewellery would look super delicate and refreshing.
- Hairstyle: Indian Christian bridal hairstyles are Twisted Bun, Simple Accessorized Wavy Pony, Twisted Top Notch Bun, and the crown look, bouffant back bun, milkmaid braid, bouffant bun, and low run pony, etc.
- Mehndi: Mehndi is not a part of their tradition.
- South Indian Christian Bridal Makeup:
Saris are preferred in most southern Indian Christian communities as wedding attires rather than gowns, while Christians in Goa and Konkan prefer to wearing gowns to saris. These saris are usually silking ones with heavy thread work of gold zari, often paired with a blouse of gold brocade. These sarees with white or gold or beige colour. Kerala Christian brides usually wear pure white Kasavu saris with broad golden boundaries coupled with white or golden blouse. They may pair it with a veil, or they may not.
- Lips: In South Indian bridal makeup, the lips highlights with colours like a peach, pink or light red.
- Eyes: The focus is on the subtle shades of gold and pearly white to set the eye makeup to make the bridal makeup look elegant and lovely.
- Jewellery: Gold and diamond jewellery matched with the outfit – traditional neckpieces, armbands, waistbands, bangles, and jhumkas.
- Hairstyle: In the South Indian bridal look, often the veil is pinned to the head where the bride usually sports a tiara.
- Mehndi: Mehndi is not a part of their tradition.
4. Indian Buddhist Bridal Makeup
A Buddhist wedding is very different from weddings in other religions. It is essential it does not agree with the path of salvation as preached by Lord Budhha. Here is how a Buddhist bride gets ready.
South Indian Buddhist Bridal Makeup:
Like religion, Buddhist weddings are deeply spiritual, where more emphasis is placed on vow fulfilment rather than strict religious practices. Buddhist weddings are markedly different from weddings in any other cultures in India, without any pomp and show. The bride wears saree that is usually a white shade along with NalalPata that is a head ornament, pendants, jewellery style karma band, bangles, and works.
- Lips: Light shades of lip colour uses for the South Indian Buddhist bridal makeup.
- Eyes: This South Indian wedding makeup is simple and sober. In this traditional eye makeup using only kajal and mascara.
- Jewellery: Jewelry includes pearl, gold jewellery with Maangtikka/ Nalalpata that goes with the overall dress. The bride also wears golden Kamarband.
- Hairstyle: Hairstyle includes bun with gajra and other decorative hair accessories.
- Mehndi: Elegant Henna design makes starting from palm up to the elbows.
North Indian Buddhist Bridal Makeup:
Tai Phake Buddhists community is a type of North Indian Buddhists; these people have a simple style marriage. The bride and the groom wear traditional clothes in Muga silk set, hand-woven at home. The bride usually wears a white sari with a golden border, also called Mekhela Chador. An Assam bride would wear the muga silk mekhela white and gold, a wrap-around skirt with a blouse and a chador shawl.
- Lip: The lip shade uses mostly a decent red, or a lighter shade.
- Eyes: Kajal, Kohl, mascara, eyeliner, and eye shadow uses to give the eyes a defined look. Broad dark look is provided to enhance the eyes of the bride.
- Jewellery: Simple kind of Gold traditional look jewellery uses by the bride-necklace, earrings, and bangles.
- Hairstyle: In this tradition use bun hairdo style with some accessories.
- Mehendi: The mehendi design covers the palms and is elegant and simple.
5. Indian Jain Bridal Makeup
Considered as one of the prominent religions in India, Maharashtra has the highest population of Jains. The weddings in this peace-loving community are rather simple and governed by a lot of intricate rituals as marked in their religious texts.
South Indian Jain Bridal Makeup:
Mainly in Maharashtra and Karnataka, the Digambar Jain communities are found, and thus the Digambara marriage rituals influence by South and Western India’s. The bride wears traditional saris with a golden border along with the traditional kind of jewellery. The look of the bride is simple, natural and flawless. The bride also wears an elegant bindi that completes her look. South Indian gold jewellery is what adorns this bride along with Payal. The South Indian bridal makeup highlight is the eyes. The eye makeup creates the drama necessary for the outfit. Use gold and yellow light shimmer shades for eye makeup.
- Lips: Most of the Jain brides are preferable red and similar colours lip shades generally.
- Eyes: Best Indian bridal makeup for Jain brides are using false eyelashes with mascara. And eyes are cover with Kajal, and winged eyeliner will make the eyes even more captivating.
- Jewellery: The jewellery is an amazing, a combination of traditional looks and contemporary style, making perfect accessories. Nath, Bajuband are wearing to add an extra charm to the entire look of a South Indian bride.
- Hairstyle: A hairdo with a gajra and maangtikka are on the go for this bride.
- Mehendi: Intricate traditional mehndi designs are using a South Indian Jain bride’s hand.
North Indian Jain Bridal Makeup:
The ShwetambarJains concentrated mainly in Gujarat, Rajasthan and Uttar Pradesh, North India, hence, this type of Rajasthani bridal look involves the bride in the Lehenga and choli. Preferably Red and similar colours are generally. Lehengas often features heavy embroidery work with beads and gold threads. Sometimes they are embroidery work with stones and crystals. She pairs her lehenga choli with an Odhni that has to be equally heavy and quite opaque as the Marwari bride may have to keep her face covered throughout the wedding.
- Lips: The lip colour usually is red, or complements the outfit of the bride
- Eyes: The use of Kohl and mascara is a little deliberate and generous to mark the existence of those big eyes that on a particular day, need a little pampering.
- Jewellery: Most of the jewellery using by the bridal is elaborate work by Jadau, Meenakari, and Kundan, which is a Marwar region speciality.
- Hairstyle: The North Indian Jain bridal hairstyle involves a beautiful braid. Usually, the hair, look, includes a comfortable bun or head back hairstyle to keep the Rakhri well.
- Mehendi: The design includes peacocks, mangoes, flowers and net beads. These designs are unique because they cover the entire hand, from the tips of the finger to the elbow.
The following are some other tips that a bride should consider so that she can look at her very best in her D-Day:
- Cleansing, toning and moisturizing are regularly without fail from at least three months before the wedding.
- Exfoliate the skin regularly and wash your face 2-3 times a day.
- Start with regular facial and hair spa at least once in a month and start at least 6 months prior.
- Start with home remedies to improve skin tone and skin quality.
- Massage your hands and feet regularly with olive oil to keep them soft and beautiful.
- Meditate regularly. A happy mind results in glowing skin.
- Drink ample water and detox your body regularly.
The Indian wedding look defines by the unique customs and rich history of the region. We hope you’ve enjoyed reading about Indian bridal looks and their significance. These are some of the most elegant Indian bridal looks. So who stole your heart from one of these? Leave your comments in the below and tell us – we’d love to hear from you! Share this article on her wall. She’s going to love you forever!